GIA(Cert), MAICD, MAIM
Curriculum Vitae of Daniel Cobb GIA(Cert), MAICD, MAIM
NAME: Daniel Cobb
YEAR OF BIRTH: 05/12/1968
FAMILY: Married with 2 children
FAITH: Roman Catholic
HOBBIES: Football, Music, Film, Most Sports
MEMBERSHIPS: Governance Institute of Australia, Australian Institute of Company Directors, Australian Institute of Management, The Kelvin Club
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- An Entrepreneur and Professional Director for over 25 years.
- More than 15 years’ experience in Managing Director / CEO roles for companies with revenues $5,000,000 – $75,000,000 pa
- A Specialist at Change Management, rebranding and or restructuring of distressed companies and businesses.
- Strong knowledge and experience with insolvency issues, liquidations and administrations.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with finance, legal and corporate governance.
- Proficient in reporting and presenting to Board and Investor levels.
- Good understanding and experience at Budget preparation and Cash flow management.
- 17 different Merger & Acquisition Deals up to $26M in value.
- Capital Raising experience up to $150m, domestic and international.
- Strong knowledge and in experience in Marketing and Sales.
- Skilled in the Research, Development and Implementation of Business, Sales and Marketing Plans.
- Track record at developing export markets and building international sales (sales in over 40 countries)
- Successful with Tendor and Grant submissions including multiple Austrade export grants.
- Experienced at recruiting, empowering and managing staff across all dept’s especially in Sales Teams.
- Experienced at establishing sales and customer service teams, including call centres (blended, in & out).
- Strong empathy with Staff especially in transitional situations and when managing change.
- Patient personality with high stress level tolerance.
- Good communication, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Experience includes working directly with Senior Management (including many at Board level) with some of Australia’s largest companies, Multinationals and Government Departments:
Origin, AGL, Momentum Energy, Red Energy, Energy Australia, Lumo Energy, Lendlease, Mirvac, PBL, Mastercard International, Optus, All commercial TV Networks (7,9,10 and 9 affiliates), Foxtel, ABC, Holden, Coles Myer, Ambassador Cards, Westpac, KPMG, Ticketek, Ticketmaster, Australia’s leading promoters (Chugg, Dainty, McManus, Frontier, Coppell’s etc) NineMSN, Pacific Access, Yellow Pages (Sensis), Leading advertising agencies (Clemenger, Saatchi, Mojo, McCann-Ericson), Austrade, DIMIA, DIAC, MRT, RRT, AAT, DFAT, Overseas Missions and Embassies.
Education and Employment History
1981 – 1983: King Edwards Grammar School – On a scholarship
1984 – 1986: Cardinal Newman Catholic College – 8 ‘O’ Levels (Dux of school)
1987: St Josephs RC College – ‘HSC’
1988: RMIT University – Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (incomplete)
2005: Victoria University – Graduate Certificate in Migration Law and Practice
2013: Certificate in Governance Practice, Governance Institute of Australia
2015-16: Company Directors Course, Australian Institute of Company Directors
2009 -16: Numerous business short courses/seminars in Management, Finance, Capital Raising, Governance, sales and marketing with the Governance Institute of Australia, Australian Institute of Company Directors and the Australian Institute of Management.
CURRENT: Bachelor of Theology (Part Time)
Other: Short courses/seminars in personal development, film and television, team building, counseling and healthcare.
RECENT EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
7/2012- Current: Clean Energy Enterprises Pty Ltd, Electricity Wizard Pty Ltd, CEE tas Solar Shop Group Pty Ltd, Commsolar Pty Ltd
Clean Energy Enterprises, Solar Shop, Commercial Power Solutions, Commsolar and Electricity Wizard brands market and sell Energy products and Energy plans to residential and commercial markets.
Duties / Achievements:
- Overseen the M&A activities of the group which included the acquisition of the Premier Solar Groups assets as well as the Unleash Solar, Great Solar and Enviromate businesses.
- Consolidated the group as a market leader in Clean Energy products nationally. The Groups brands have installed more Solar Panels in Australia than any other company or business.
- Introduced a range of Clean Energy products including Solar Air-conditioning, LED lighting and battery storage solutions to diversify the groups Energy products range.
- Completed the acquisition of Electricity Wizard Energy Broker business to diversify the Group. Grown the Electricity Wizard brand as the 2nd largest Energy Broker business in the country after the iSelect/Energy Watch merger.
6/2016 – 8/2016: Brisbane Roar Football Club Pty Ltd
Led a bid to buy Brisbane Roar FC which required taking over full management control of the Club during the approval process from the Football Federation Australia. Resigned on 15 August, 2016 due to owners breaching the conditions of the Sale terms (failure to provide agreed upon funding during the transition period).
Duties / Achievements:
- Completed Gap Analysis and Stakeholder Engagement sessions and reports
- Restructured the Club. Involved putting in place new organisational charts with new reporting lines and delegated authorities.
- Identified and put in place recruitment for 12 new roles across the Club.
- Put in place a short term vision statement, values statement and strategic plan
- Completed the 2017-18 Marketing plan
- Launched the 2017-2018 Membership drive
- Negotiated with creditors of the Club (including the ATO)
- Engaged with the Football Federation Australia to address and overcome a number of breaches by the Club of the Clubs Participation agreement for participation in the Hyundai A League
- Completed the requirements needed to register the Club into the Asian Champions League.
- Resolved a number of disputes between the Club and FIFA, PFA, players and their representatives
FULL EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
A CV and Employment history is available by sending a written request using the “Make A Request” function at danielcobb.comn.au
A comprehensive list of references is available by sending a written request using the “Make A Request” function at danielcobb.comn.au